Remove Print ServersMigrating a Print Server to Printix Cloud
Building a Printix Cloud Managed Print Infrastructure
When you download the Printix Client software and install it on the print server, we make a blueprint of current print environment details in Printix Cloud. Rest assured, we do not change or delete anything on the print server.
Printix detects the nearest router and records MAC addresses
Printers and print queues are discovered and registered in the Printix Cloud
Print drivers are registered for each print queue on the print server
Deploy Printix Client to computers
Print queues that point to registered printers are now managed by Printix.
All other print queues that point to printers not discovered by Printix are left untouched.
Remove Print Server
Before vs Now – What has changed?
On Premise Print Server
- Print via shared print queues
- Print drivers distributed from server
- Manual maintenance and updates
- Single point of failure
Printix Cloud Services
- Print as usual, now via local print queues
- Print queues, drivers and configuration now managed from Printix Cloud
- Automatic updates
- Removes single point of failure