Printix as a leading global secure printing provider integrates with Universal Print by Microsoft to deliver customized cloud print management solution for every need, including mobile print from any device to any printer. Printix designed and built its cloud print management platform from the ground up as a Microsoft Azure-hosted solution.
“We support Universal Print by Microsoft as a hand in glove solution embracing common objectives of modern workplace print management.” – Jesper Christiansen, CEO and Co-founder
To help end-customers achieve their goals, Printix embraced:
- a cloud-first print and mobile-first strategy
- simple integration and user-friendly interface
- automated print-related admin tasks
- data monitoring and reporting features
- seamless implementation within a complex network of different devices
Printix offers much more than just being easy to use and affordable global cloud-printing solution – we help our customers to turn big data into actionable insights for better decision-making. Printix offers an entire package of Print Management Services with usage-based pricing.
“Our aim is to transform traditional print management, allowing organizations of any size to benefit from the flexibility, productivity, cost savings and sustainability contributions offered by a modern workplace printing solution.” – Hugo Marqvorsen, Sales Director
Integrate Universal Print with Printix
Organizations running Universal Print can extend the capabilities with support for all current printers and multifunction devices along with additional printing capabilities.
- Direct print. Keep documents local and ensure print availability if the Internet is down.
- Secure document release with Printix App to print when and where you want from any smartphone, tablet, or computer to any printer.
- Secure document release with Printix Go. Integrates with your printer’s touchscreen control panel, offering secure print release, copy control, card-based authentication and more.
- Mobile Printing from iOS and Android
- Google Workspace and Chromebook support for mixed environments.
- Windows Virtual Desktop, Citrix or RDS support.
Additionally, the Printix solution can benefit Universal Print users by delivering:
- Support for Windows, Mac and Google Chrome OS as well as Android and iOS/ iPadOS
- Leverage Printix’s proven solution to translate printer capabilities from printer vendor-specific drivers to Universal Print printer attributes
- Support for Mac with native driver print
How it works
Microsoft Graph API integration connects Printix and Universal Print to a single managed cloud service with extended features, security, management, and reporting.
Integration is Key
In successfully partnering as a co-sell ready Microsoft ISV for several years now, Printix continues to support Microsoft and its channel partners with tightly integrated solutions. Supporting Universal Print is the latest in a long line of Microsoft integrations provided by Printix including:
- Azure AD to manage user access and enable Single Sign-On
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager to automatically deploy Printix Client and support for Windows Autopilot
- Power BI to create reports and provide valuable insight into print usage
- Support for Windows Virtual Desktop
Until there are UP-enabled devices on the market, and to work with non-UP devices in the field, Microsoft has the UP Connector hosted on a VM in the cloud or on a local Windows machine. As an advanced option, Printix provides customers with direct print via Printix Client, so Universal Print can be used on existing printers without using the Universal Print connector on a local machine and without an expensive server. This also keeps print local to minimize traffic and prevent conversion in the cloud.